You may be experiencing tattoo regret from that tattoo you got when you were eighteen years old. It seemed like a good idea at the time. Or another popular reason for tattoo removal is to remove a tattoo of an ex partners name. Whatever the reason, in this blog post we will share two tattoo removal success stories for two of our patients.
How are lasers used to remove an unwanted tattoo?
At DermCosmesis we use the Revlite laser on our patients tattoos. And the average number of treatments required really varies from patients on patients and is dependent on factors such as:
- The amount of ink that was used in the tattoo
- If you have a layered tattoo, which is a tattoo over another tattoo
- The location of your tattoo
- Your skin type
- And the colour and size of your tattoo
Two of our patients success stories
The patients that we helped had two different tattoos, different colours and on different parts of the body. So they required different number of treatments. The tattoos were:
- Of a lipstick kiss on the body
- And the words Love Hate tattooed on the knuckles
The laser treatments
The number of laser treatments required for the tattoo removal were as follows:
- The lipstick tattoo – 13 treatments over the space of an 8 month period
- The hands tattoo – 5 treatments over the space of about 10 months
In between sessions the skin can appear to be red, sensitive, slightly inflamed and blisters may form on the skin.
But we recommend that you apply Stratacel gel morning and evening for about 1 week, in between your sessions. And also keep the area clean and dry.
If you have a tattoo that you would like to remove, please contact us to BOOK YOUR FREE CONSULTATION here. Note results will vary from patient to patient.