PREVENTING ACTIVE ACNE FROM THE INSIDE OUT
Acne is often only seen as a ‘teen’ problem, however at DermCosmesis, our Perth based cosmetic physicians provide acne treatments for a range of ages, areas and skin types. Our highly experienced acne therapists take a combined approach utilising treatments such as:
- Clear + Brilliant Permea laser treatment
- Chemical peels
- cosmeceutical products for cleansing and targeting acne prone skin.
The Clear + Brilliant laser offers:
- Quick and gentle treatments
- Nonsurgical and non-invasive
- Essentially no social downtime
- Glowing, youthful looking skin
- improve the tone, texture and radiance of your skin.
Dermcosmesis has treatment regimes for all skin types and they work! As we believe our treatments work so well, we offer a complimentary Acne Consultation.
Recommended by our trained and expereienced therapists. Because DermCosmesis is a medically owned and operated skin clinic, our cosmetic physicians can also offer a range of pharmaceutical products to compliment your acne treatment. As general practitioners, we will assess you acne condition and offer the best treatment options for you.
Acne scars can be treated by a variety of methods including chemical peels, surgery, and lasers. Depending on the depth and severity of scars, acne scar types, and patient factors, our General Practitioners will tailor an individualised program for optimal results.
We often combine several techniques in the one session, including laser and other non-laser treatments for early acne scarring include DermaPen needling and chemical peels.
- Our cosmetic physicians will choose the best combination of laser and other treatments for your acne scars
- Best results are with a tailored treatment based upon individual factors such as the type and severity of acne scarring
- Scar improvements of up to 80% can be seen, depending on various factors
- A number of treatments are required for optimal results
- We may recommend a combination of chemical peels and laser resurfacing in the treatment of your acne scarring
- Best results are seen with combination modalities
- Laser procedures for acne scars can be safely performed on all skin types including dark skin
- Laser treatment of acne scars is painless, and well tolerated, as we provide specialist prescribed numbing cream
View our Gallery for more Before & After Images
Book Your Free Consultation
(08) 9208 6451
How does a Clear + Brilliant laser treatment work?
A Typical Clear + Brilliant Treatment:
Requires about 30 minutes for a complete session
May involve application of topical numbing cream to your face prior to treatment in order to provide additional comfort
Is delivered by your skin care professional, who will gently guide the Clear + Brilliant handpiece across the target area and actively treat your skin for approximately 15 minutes
Utilizes the patented Intelligent Optical Tracking™ System to ensure your skin care professional maintains proper contact with your skin and provides a uniform application to all treated areas
With Clear + Brilliant Perméa treatments, a topical antioxidant serum will be applied to the skin immediately after treatment. A refreshing biocellulose masque may also be applied for 10-15 minutes after treatment
Do I need to do anything to prepare for the treatment?
If possible, come to your appointment without makeup. When undergoing a Clear + Brilliant laser skin treatment, your skin will be cleansed and prepared; a quick view of your skin will determine the right setting for the laser, based on the amount of melanin in your skin and the location of the blemishes or acne.
What can I expect after the treatment?
Immediately post treatment, you may experience some redness and mild swelling, but both typically diminish in about 12 hours
Over the next few days, you may experience some itchiness or skin sensitivity (to touch or temperature). Both are indications of the natural renewal process and typically dissipate a few days after treatment
Most typical skin care products and practices can be used immediately after treatment – your skin care professional will talk to you about any products to avoid following treatment.